About The Warm Springs FAA UAS Test Range
The Warm Springs FAA UAS Test Range is part of the Pan-Pacific UAS Test Range Complex (PPUTRC). The PPUTRC is one of six official FAA test sites in the United States. The PPUTRC spans seven climate zones, allowing UAS manufacturers and potential users to test their equipment in the Arctic, the tropics and arid environments. Managed by the University of Alaska Fairbanks, the test site builds upon ongoing work of the Alaska Center for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration (ACUASI), which is part of the UAF Geophysical Institute.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
- Four Primary Launch & Recovery Sites
- Additional Sites Available As Needed
- Mobile Command Center
- High-Speed Field-Deployable WiFi via Air Fiber (500 MB) Capacity, with Direct Feed to Mobile Command Center, Provided by Warm Springs Telecom
- The Warm Springs Range encompasses over 1,000 square miles of controlled access land.
- Over 1,000 square miles of Class E(>=1,200′ AGL) and Class G(<1,200′ AGL) airspace.
- SBA 8(a) and hub zone entities are looking for business partners in the UAS industry.
- Within the boundaries of the range there are over 440,000 acres of of actively managed forest.
- High accuracy data-sets including LIDAR, historic burns, and forest inventory area available for the entire range.
- Multiple active and inactive (10 miles of inactive) Bonneville Power Administration lines cross the range.
- Topography ranging from 1,000′ to 10,500′ MSL is available for flight activity.
- Range airspace extends from the surface to 17,999′ MSL.
- High Desert, Forest, Mountain, Canyon Terrains
- Over 325 VFR Days/Year at Kah-Nee-Ta
All unmanned aircraft flights at the Warm Springs Test Range are conducted under strict safety guidelines set forth by the Federal Aviation Administration. The range is managed by a team of experienced aviation professionals who ensure that all operations are conducted in accordance with range policies and procedures.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Ground School Training Center with manufacturer-specific computer simulators. Conference area available for customized training.
Training programs available for applications in wildland firefighting, precision agriculture, transmission line inspection (including wildlife, vegetation management, and early detection of equipment failure).
Additional expertise in Natural Resources mapping and before / after imagery.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_column_text]
Expedited Flight Approval
Professional Range Operators
Turnkey Testing Environment[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
The Warm Springs Range is conveniently located in Central Oregon, near both the Redmond and Portland airports.